Saturday 3 September 2016

"I tried to kill myself - but taking up running saved my life"

"I tried to kill myself - but taking up running saved my life"
"I tried to kill myself - but taking up running saved my life"

"I tried to kill myself - but taking up running saved my life"

Rashid Webb-Tunnacliffe wants more people to discover the sport through the club's new beginners' course

A man who tried to commit suicide says running has saved his life.
Birkby teaching assistant Rashid Webb-Tunnacliffe, who was suffering from depression when he tried to end his life last March, says taking up running has turned his fortunes around.
Rashid, of Buckrose Terrace, joined Acre Street Runners in Lindley four months ago.
He spoke out about his journey to encourage other people to take up running through the club’s new nine week beginners’ course that begins next month.
Rashid, 47, said: “I was really depressed.
“There were issues I hadn’t dealt with that I kept trying to block them out.
“It led to me having no confidence and I cut off friends and family.
“On top of that, I wasn’t leading a healthy lifestyle because I was drinking too much and not doing any exercise, which didn’t help with how I was feeling.
“In the end, I did the only thing I thought was possible at the time and tried to end my life.
“I was at home but was found by a couple of colleagues who had come around because I hadn’t turned up for work.”
He was resuscitated by paramedics and rushed to hospital.



Read more Examiner




People also read:

Getting Married ? Going to a Prom ? Birthday ?


Hummer Limo Hire




Something to Buy, Sell or Swap ?  Join our Facebook Group - Huddersfield Buy, Sell & Swap

No comments:

Post a Comment